This is our collection of information that we keep for all our trips. It has helped us to stay organised and to remember all the little things that we review before we head out on a holiday. We add to it and refine it as we travel, making it more tailored to us, but you can view these lists as tips for your travels. Just take what you need, don’t take our lists as the be all and end all of how you should travel. These are just helpful tips that we find useful for ourselves. So take a pick:
- Itineraries – Some examples of itineraries we’ve used. The “round-the-world” trips are usually the hardest to plan, and the hardest to organise for a travel agent. But these can inspire you to develop your own trip.
- Equipment – this goes into the type of equipment we travel with and why. We do alot of research before we buy the equipment so that we make sure we’re getting not only the most useful gear, but the gear that’s going to last. We talk about our choice of backpacks, walking sticks, water filters etc
- Medical – everyone usually has 100 questions for their doctors before they go overseas. In here, we talk about our medical kits that we take while travelling.
- Travel Tech – We love gadgets. As technology develops, the face of travelling changes. We review our laptops and any other gadgets we may take with us on the road
- Safety – Always be conscious of where you are, what you are doing and who is around you. Don’t be paranoid, just have an undercurrent awareness of your surroundings. This attitude has helped us stay safe on our travels. Not saying we’ve never lost anything or been ripped off! That’s all a part of travelling. But being aware of scams will certainly reduce your chances of being a target.
- Planning – This is all about how we plan a trip. We might get inspired by a documentry on television, or hear a travel story from a friend, and then we go research it. We cover all the aspects we take when planning our overseas trips.
- Links – some of our favourite links that help us plan and research our travels